- Wubbena, Z. C., Ford, D., & Porfilio, B. (Eds.). (2016). News media and the neoliberal privatization of education. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Wubbena, Z. C., & Stewart, T. (2017, March). (Critical) service-learning in pre-professional programs of higher education. In. C. Dolgon, T. K. Eatman, & T. D. Mitchell (Eds.), The Cambridge handbook of service learning and community engagement (pp. X–X). Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press.
- Wubbena, Z. C, (2016). Becoming through revolutionary pedagogy: An interview with Curry Malott and Derek R. Ford [reprint]. In D. R. Ford (Ed.), Education and the production of space: Political pedagogy, geography, and urban revolution (pp. 123–134). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2016). Introduction: A fight for education and against capital: Neoliberalism, news media, and educational policy. In Z. C. Wubbena, D., Ford, & B., Porfilio (Eds.), News media and the neoliberal privatization of education (pp. xi–xxxii). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Coryell, J. E., Stewart, T., Wubbena, Z. C., Valverde, C., & Spencer, B. J. (2016). International service-learning, study abroad, and global citizenship development in a post-disaster locale. In D. Velliaris & D. Coleman-Georege (Eds.), Handbook of research on study abroad programs and outbound mobility (pp. 421–446). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (forthcoming). Review of Derek R. Ford’s, “Communist Study: Education for the Commons”.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2016). Review of Sheila L. Macrine’s, “Critical pedagogy in uncertain times: Hopes and possibilities“. Policy Futures in Education, 14(7), 1036–1038. doi:10.1177/1478210316663394
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2015). A revolutionary critical pedagogy of becoming. Educational Philosophy and Theory, 48(11), 1193-1196. doi:10.1080/00131857.2015.1113740
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2015). Review of Peter McLaren’s, “Pedagogy of insurrection: From resurrection to revolution“. The Hampton Institute: A Working-Class Think Tank. http://www.hamptoninstitution.org/pedagogy-of-insurrection-review.html#.VkIdVspUZ-V
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2015). Review of Pauline Lipman’s, “The new political economy of urban education: Neoliberalism, race, and the right to the city”. The SoJo Journal: Educational Foundations & Social Justice Education, 1(1), xx–xx.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (accepted). A pedagogy for space:Visually framing the 2011 Chilean student movement. Policy Futures in Education [Special issue on Lefebvre’s teachings]
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2016). Becoming through revolutionary pedagogy: An interview with Curry Malott and Derek R. Ford. Journal of Critical Educational Policy Studies, 14(1), 1–14.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2015). Breathing secondhand smoke: Gatekeeping for “good” education, passive democracy, and the mass media. An interview with Noam Chomsky. Critical Education, 6(8), 1–9. http://ices.library.ubc.ca/index.php/criticaled/issue/view/182539
- Wubbena, Z. C. (forthcoming). The boy who learned to read by “saving the earth”. Kappa Delta Pi Record, X(X), X–X.
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2013). Mathematical fluency as a function of conservation ability in young children. Learning and Individual Differences, 26, 153–155. doi:10.1016/j.lindif.2013.01.013 (5% Acceptance Rate)
- Guerra, P., & Wubbena, Z. C. (2017). Teacher beliefs, practices, and cognitive dissonance in high-stakes test-influenced environments. Issues in Teacher Education, 26(1), 35–51.
- Xu, L., Wubbena, Z. C.,& Stewart, T. (2016). Measurement invariance of second-order factor model of the Multifactor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ) across K-12 principal gender. Journal of Educational Administration, 54(6), 727–748. doi:10.1108/JEA-01-2015-0001
- Greenwalt, K., Kemling, J., & Wubbena, Z. (2016). Grit, hope and the new character education. The Journal of School & Society, 4(1), 1–4.
- Stewart, T., & Wubbena, Z. C. (2015). Systematic review of service-learning in medical education: 1998 to 2012. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 27(2), 146–156. doi:10.1080/10401334.2015.1011647 (5% Acceptance Rate)
- Stewart, T., & Wubbena, Z. C. (2014). An overview for infusing service-learning in medical education. International Journal of Medical Education, 5, 147–156. doi:10.5116/ijme.53ae.c907
Reports (program assessment & evaluation)
- Nelson, S.W., Paris, B.J., Colegio, L., Evermann, D., Long, T., …Wubbena, Z. (2014). CTEP Summer Institute Conference Report. San Marcos, TX: Texas State University. [All authors contributed equally].
- Wubbena, Z. C. (2010). Cognitive level of development and mathematical fluency of first grade children. (Master’s thesis). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. (Accession No. ED536142).